Wednesday, August 18

Nothing to Blog about...

The reason, i have discovered (and been told numerous people), for me being a lousy storyteller is one of two, 1) If its a funny story then i will get fits of laughter and u will have to patch up my broken sentences yourself to hopefully make a comprehensable (input language) sentence. 2) I get so caught in the actual storytelling that i lose the point of the story, and sometimes (most times) my storys lack a point/punchline, hence they tend to be not so good. But i have come to think about this, what is a "point"...maybe that's my "thing". I don't do points, or my points are so deeply buried in my story that i myself lose track of them by the end of it. Okay, I've lost myself now...let me rephrase!

I sometimes tell people stuff randomly, stuff that I'm thinking about...These "random" thoughts are not random to me because my thoughts are, at any given time, racing. I can't hold a topic for a long period of time. Say we're talking about bows & arrows for some reason and the conversation stops. While other peoples silences may mean that they are contemplating the subject, my mind is already contemplating the next subject or something that i find odd. Ok, still not clear eh? neither am i...

here's a common conversation with me:

Other: the party last nite was really good guys, we should do it again soon...
Emil: have u ever seen pigeons babies? They're never around are they...
Others: totally confused, emil ur the most random person in the world

It may seem like randomness to outsiders but to me its just thinking. You could say i have a short thinking span, or sth like that! And that doesnt equal "stupid" :P

1 comment:

Föraren said...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Pigeon babies... Haaaa ha ha. Emil, you're one of the funniest people I've ever met. Just in conversatoion, you're hilarious. You're just crap at telling stories 'cause you get lost in your own train of thought. But that's cool. You're still funny as hell.