Tuesday, August 31

Mac-less

The power adapter for my powerbook has been acting up lately and I finally got my shit together and called Apple. The one-year warranty is still valid it seems. Anyway, cutting a long story short, my salvation is in the mail and should be here either tomorrow or the day after. Being without my computer has proved more difficult than i thought. Especially since i discovered "collaging" which is extremely satisfying and fun. But it feels like my whole life has come to a stop and i don't think i like this dependance. I haven't been totally without access which should be obvious as Im writing this. But it's on my mum's PC with the stupid and awkward keyboard. I want my PowerBook keyboard. This one is too big and its noisy as hell. The PowerBook keyboard is a work of art...just big/small enough, smooth, silent....i type alot faster on my mac than here. These bulky keyboards shud be made illegal.

As i might have mentioned before i have discovered how to play mp3-quality music on the site, I'm still considering whether i should or not. I don't have any interesting music on this computer so I'll definately wait until i get my mac up and running again.

For those of you who know me I am what you would call "Jack of all trades, master of none" which I've been trying to get out of for some time now. I want one hobby/thing i can concentrate on and do my best with. I just can't seem to make up my mind and now all these new things start popping up. Among others there is my drawing, miniature painting, photography, japanese, 3d and now lately translation and collage. I'm starting to feel that Im being spread too thin and not receiving enough (or any) rewards from any of the things i do. It's quite depressing actually. I'm usually good at fixing other people's problems but I'm completely hopeless when it comes to sorting out my own life...and i want to be a psychologist, if i continue like this i'll end up being one of those psychologist-turned-psycho we hear about all too often.

No comments: