Thursday, July 29

Comics & Grammar

All these new comics-made-movies have made me wanna start reading comics again, well...start reading period!, as I never really did read comics as such. I did read the occasional one but i was never a subsciber to any Marvel comics or anything. As i'm a big fan of Manga and Anime its fun to see alot of comics being made into movies. Okay, alot of them aren't the best works of art there ever was but some of them are good, entertaining. It's just fun to see what they do with them and how they adapt them to the big screen. I heard that the Spider-Man films are quite different from the comic. And I also think this recent trend is good for the comic industry as it has probably gotten alot of people interested in comics, i know it has made me more interested in them. Among the upcoming comic-movies, the one I'm not looking forward to is: Catwoman...That one just screaming "Flop"! Come one....lame! And i'm very undecided (!) about Alien v. Predator, dodgy combination, will it work? only time will tell.



I also saw "American Splendor" recently. About this comic writer guy talking about how he came to write comics. Sad story and made sadder still by the fact that he hasnt really "made" it, ie made loads of money from it. Atleast that's what he says himself. The movie's not very exciting but there's one part where he's talking about names that kinda got me thinking...See it if only for that part. Should be on dvd by now.



A short note on grammar....I think one important stage my learning japanese is what I would like to call "reverse-conjugation". This phenomonen is specific to Japanese i think (as far as i know, swedish, english, french, or farsi don't require this skill). Being able to identify a verb in its conjugated form and taking it back to its basic present tense. It's kinda like catching eeeh....something that has a power and u catch it and use that power. Lame explanation but it's late and im tired. This might not make sense to anyone who doesnt know or is studying Japanese but I thought I'd put it down on "paper"...was thinking of it before. It's an important stage i think...continually big stage = Kanji!!! buahaha... ;(

No comments: