Monday, July 19

Awesome Manga & Vocab

Mr.Mottacki recently showed me this URL: http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

A source of loads of top quality manga, absolutely blew me away...maybe that's just me, i love my good manga art :D Maybe everyone does'nt appreciate that kind of stuff (u shud) but i absolutely love it.

On learning a new language,
A common misconception about me is that im clever (or maybe that's just what i think!lol) because i know 4 languages (6 if u count french and japanese but im not near fluent in any of them so i dont count them). But the fact of the matter is that I haven't learned any of the languages i know by studying them in any formal manner. Kurdish, Swedish and Farsi i grew up with and English i learned pretty much from watching TV. The only languages i have studied are french, which i stopped doing after 11th grade and i havent looked back since, and japanese which im currently studying.

One thing I've learnt about learning a new language while studying japanese, is that motivation means everything. In the long run, that's what keeps you coming back for more. It's crucial(!!)...umm, yea, crucial. Now that I'm back in sweden, studying japanese can sometimes feel abit static. I'm not getting anywhere and everything i learn i quickly forget because i dont use it. But then again, how do i know everything i know now...you just have to stick with it and keep revising as often as possible!

No comments: