Monday, March 16

update

Work work work.

I work almost everyday now. I'm working at a home for kids 0-12y.o. It's a home for kids whose parents aren't always fit to be parents and the social services have gone in and removed the children from that home, and placed them in this home, where I work...

<I started the job as a part-time gig back in September when I was still in uni. Back then I was commuting 3hrs by train, once or twice a week to this other town called Örebro. That was last semester. Fast Forward again >>. I'm on a small hiatus from uni this semester to clear my head and figure some stuff out. Figure some real shit out. Like if this is what i wanna be doing, how I can best do it, and if I decide to do it, then how to go about being good at it. Life stuff.

So while I'm doing this I'm living at home, making new friends, working and saving money. The work wasn't supposed to take over my life though, I'm starting to feel like there's not much else, which I guess would be ok if it were my future profession but I doubt I'll be doing this for that long. So it can get a bit tedious at times. Not the actual work though, it's usually fun, mostly involving playing with these kids and taking them places, to the pool, to the cinema, skating etc. So a plus is that I'm doing stuff I probably normally wouldn't be doing (yet).

Living at home. Living at home isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Has a lot of perks and some downsides but in my opinion the perks far outweigh the downsides. And I get along with my parents well. Ofcourse it can get pretty difficult sometimes but it usually blows over and we're back to being ok.

As for plans for the near future? This routine till after summer, then I either start uni again and finish it (1.5yrs left of my post-grad studies) or I do something else. But I'm fairly certain I'll be finishing up Uni.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Interesting stuff, it's curious to know that you're enjoying it, yet can't see yourself doing it in the long term...

eM said...

yea, well. it's interesting and fun but not that fun you know. It's hard work at times, and the pay isn't very good.