Thursday, August 21

Homosexuality

I was just thinking about this time when my brother and I went to a gay club. Apparently my brother had heard from friends that gay clubs can be real good places to pick up hot numbers of the opposite sex. These girls go to gay club cause they get left alone, i.e not a bunch of guys coming up and bothering and shit. you get the point. anyway, at said club I saw, not surprisingly, two middle-aged men making out. Even though I was well aware I might see some of that it still surprised me, just seeing it. It didn't help that these were two MEN, say around my dads age. It made it all that more weird.

so, I was having a smoke out my roomwindow, and I got to thinking of that time and at first I had much the same reaction I had the first time, disgust. And then I thought, "why I is it so disgusting to me", really, why is it disgusting...? In my mind, I'm thinking it's got alot, if not everything, to do with upbringing and the general social zeitgeist. We're brought up, from day 1, that it's man and woman. That's it. Gradually you also "learn" that two men or two women (for some reason it seems female homosexuality isn't as bad...why is that?) having "relations" is wrong, if not also bad. Growing up in such an environment it shouldn't surprise you to meet people holding such beliefs...right. How...hmm, can you be born with this heterosexual pursuit? That you instincivly know that your penis is supposed to go into a woman, how would that look if you grew up in an environment with only men...? wouldn't you assume to insert your thing somewhere else. Hmm, i'm still trying to figure things out so it might not seem like much. All these things..., they make me think that this "disgust" people feel towards gays is temporary. That sounded like i just fell upon something grand and unique. I realise that it's probably neither.

As more and more people "come out", and are accepted in society I really think we might see a day where homosexuality is right as rain...hmmm, yea, that.

And no, i'm not gay. just pondering the matter, and it really did make me think about it. Works well if you can allow yourself to question your own core-beliefs and values. If you can move beyond yourself then reasoning about this much more fruitful and stimulating.

No comments: