Tuesday, October 2

Change for the better

So I haven't blogged since May 4th it seems. I've recently discovered I'm not much of a writer. As the title suggests, there has been some changes since May 4th, nothing dramatic however.

I'm back in Örebro for one. The fall semester started about 6 weeks ago and with it came a new batch of exchange students. This batch, much like the last, consists of mainly fun-loving kids from all over the world who come here to party mostly, and travel occasionally (whilst drinking usually).

I'm also officially a student therapist this year, in my capacity as a fourth year clin psy student. So, excited about that. I got my first patient the other week and I've gone through the motions of getting the patient approved for student therapy and should start treatment shortly. The modules are more interesting since they are very hands-on, teaching therapy techniques which you can then go on to use during your sessions if you want.

On a more interesting note...ummm, I was in Oslo this weekend with three of the exchange students (three canadians girls, a.k.a. The Wongs). Cool city, quite small but it was cool, with lots of old buildings and the like. A big arse palace downtown and a big park with lots of statues of naked men, women and children in all manners of poses. The statues weren't only in the park. They were scattered all over town, by fountains, by the harbour, on buildings, in the street. Pretty much everywhere. The Norwegians sure like their statues. And ofcourse it has to be said that Norway is f-in expensive! I'd recommend going for the day to Oslo if you're going and make packed lunches etc. And if you're going for longer, I sure hope it's less expensive outside of Oslo otherwise you'd better set aside a disproportionate bit of your budget for Norway if you want to go!

What else...Arvin was in Göteborg from Sunday till today (Tuesday). I went back for a quick visit from Sunday till Monday evening. I thought I'd bring my passport with me back to Örebro in case I would need it for any trips with the exchange students. So, naturally, i take Arvins passport as well as my own (don't ask how i managed to get both). Fortunately i noticed the same night I got back to Örebro and was forced to get the early morning train BACK to Göteborg (7am) and then return on the same day. I've been back for a few hours now. All in all I've spent about...22 hours traveling (bus and train) just this weekend! Urgh, not going ANYWHERE for a few weeks.

Can't really think of anything else to write right now but I will try harder to write more here. I've been thinking of getting my own domain and setting up a "proper" blog. I'm pretty skint at the moment so that will have to wait until the end of the month.

Was thinking of www.emile.se
what do you think? :)

No comments: