Tuesday, January 31

The Pillows & Co

One of my favourite japanese bands, The Pillows, have released a new album "My Foot"(!) Got it the other day and had a listen. It's got a few true gems and is overall a damn good album. I like the title track especially (my foot), as well as "Third Eye". Those are the ones that get played most and are likely to be put on repeat quite often. Check them out, a brilliant rock band from japan.

On other news, been starting to think about my plans for after graduation and have my eyes set on continuing my psychology studies in Sweden. That's if i'm accepted to the course. Hopefully i will. If i do get accepted, i will study for one term until jan '07 then hopefully have enough money (either scraped from studen loan leftovers or charitable donations from my overworked doctor brother :D). Once you get settled in and get a job money isn't really an issue, but it's just the settling in part that can be quite expensive. Getting an apartment isn't always easy and once you do, there are some fees that must be paid, fees such as a deposit (which is usually the equivalent of 3 months rent) and key money, which is a one-off payment to the landlord (another months rent) who has been so gracious as to let you live there. So as you can see it all adds up and before you've even set foot in your home for the next year you've paid for almost half your time in it. Crazy huh, but that is the way of the japanese and one must follow the rules or be without a place to live, which isn't really an option :D

"hopefully" it will all go to plan and i can gradute -> start studying in sweden -> go to japan for 1year+

after that god knows what will happen!

1 comment:

jiowfojieoij said...

I'll be travelling japan by motorbike, this time 2008 ;)